- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Preventing Legal Malpractice: Avoid the Errors That Bring Claims
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Lawsuits against lawyers are on the rise, and surprisingly, statistics show that it is the more seasoned attorney that is the most likely to be sued for legal malpractice. No matter how much you prepare for it, as an attorney you could find yourself facing a malpractice claim that could have serious ramifications for you and your practice. Don't let this happen! Join us for this 60-minute webinar and discover:
- Ways to reduce the risk of costly and time-consuming malpractice claims
- Top legal and ethical pitfalls that lead to malpractice accusations
- Key ethical and procedural considerations in terminating a client relationship
- Successful strategies to cement a strong client relationship
Both solo practitioners and members of firms will benefit from knowing how to assess professional liability risk and avoid legal malpractice claims. Join us for this 60-minute webinar that examines steps to prevent legal malpractice and what action to take should there be a legal malpractice claim filed against you.
- Potential Pitfalls: How to Avoid Being the Target of a Legal Malpractice Claim
- Strategies to recognize a difficult situation BEFORE it leads to malpractice
Proven ways of documenting client interactions to refute accusations
- What you can do to create a positive client relationship
- Essential Issues of Risk Management and Ethical Behavior
- Develop and implement internal controls within an office
- How to identify routine errors that are often overlooked by attorneys and staff
- Tactics for proper response: How to respond to a claim or threat
- Termination Policies: When the Attorney-Client Relationship Ends
- Proper withdrawal from the attorney-client relationship
- Drafting termination letters: What to say or advise
Practical guidelines for collection of unpaid fees and costs
- Live Q&A Session - Have your malpractice questions answered live!
David Lefkowitz established The Lefkowitz Firm, LLC, to represent individuals and corporations in their claims for legal malpractice (legal negligence) and similar claims such as breach of fiduciary duty; misconduct by officers or shareholders of closely held businesses; trustee misconduct; executor misconduct and ethical misconduct by attorneys and other fiduciaries.
- Mr. Lefkowitz frequently is an invited speaker at continuing legal education seminars on the topics of legal malpractice, ethics and professionalism. He is chairman and moderator of an annual seminar entitled "Professional and Ethical Dilemmas in Litigation," in which Georgia Supreme Court Justices, Georgia Court of Appeals Judges, Georgia Trial Judges, Ethics Experts and Practicing Attorneys address ethical and professional challenges that lawyers face in their profession.
- David Lefkowitz graduated from Columbia University in 1985 and from the Emory University School of Law in 1988. David Lefkowitz carries the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell (AV). This rating is given only to those attorneys with the highest legal ability and adherence to professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence
Continuing Legal Education CLE credit is available for an additional $65 per person in states where teleconferences are accredited
(States currently NOT included: KS, OH)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.