- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Planning for Incapacity: Advanced Tools for Estate Planners Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Failure to draft and execute basic legal documentation when planning for incapacity can create severe consequences that can cost your clients hundreds of thousands in medical bills and legal disputes. What are the advanced incapacity planning strategies that secure the future of your clients' medical & financial status-and that keep their assets firmly protected? Join us for a live, 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Planning for Incapacity: Strategies for Drafting Key Documents
- What Effect Incapacity can have on Medicaid & Medicare Eligibility
- Understanding the difference between a Health Care Proxy & Living Will
- State Specific Considerations when Planning for Incapacity
- Legal, Financial & Medical Issues you Need to Avoid
This live 60-minute audio conference will provide you with the advanced essentials when planning for incapacity that will keep your clients' long-term medical & financial objectives protected.
- Beneficiaries, Health Care Proxy & Living Wills: Planning for Incapacity
- Keys for drafting beneficiary designations, living trusts & pour over wills
- Financial & medical powers of attorney--When each is appropriate
- Do's & don'ts for preparing successful medical advance directives
- Methods of Planning for Medicaid & Medicare Eligibility: What you Must Know
- Keys to meeting Medicaid & Medicare eligibility requirements
- Strategies for drafting caregiver agreements & power of attorney
- Third party supplemental needs trusts for long-term care
- Legal, Financial, & Health Issues to Avoid when Planning for Incapacity
- Keys for advising healthy clients for potential incapacity
- State specific considerations to follow for incapacity planning
- Avoiding guardianship: Simple documents that can prevent big problems
- Question and Answer Session- Have Your Questions Answered!
Douglas J. Chu, Esquire is partner at Hynes & Chu, LLP of New York where he practices in the area of Elder Law.
- Mr. Chu currently sits on the Board of Overseers for the Brookdale Center on Aging and is also a member of the advisory committee of the Evelyn Frank Legal Resources Program at Selfhelp Community Services, Inc. Mr. Chu was an Adjunct Professor at CUNY Law School and Long Island University, where he taught Elder Law related courses. He is a respected lecturer on government entitlements and presents a monthly lecture series on applying for Medicaid home care for the Alzheimer's Association of New York City.
- Mr. Chu is Co-Chair of the New York City Citywide Medicaid Advisory Council and is a sitting member of the Beneficiary Advisory Committee of Empire Medicare Services. He is the author and editor of the chapter "Medicaid for the Elderly, Blind and Disabled", found in The New York Elder Law Handbook published annually by the Practicing Law Institute of New York, where he is also a member of their faculty and current Co-Chair of their Annual Elder Law Institute.
- Mr. Chu is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section. He is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and Washington, D.C.
Continuing Legal Education CLE credit is available for an additional $65 per person in states where teleconferences are accredited
(States currently NOT included: KS, OH)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.