- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
E-Privacy: Can You Legally Monitor MySpace, LinkedIn, E-mail, & Blogs? Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
There are ever-changing legal rules regulating the electronic monitoring of employees. Developing a workplace policy to deal with blogging, posting to social networking sites, such as MySpace and LinkedIn is critical. Those who don't know the rules for monitoring employees' electronic behavior or who don't have policies in place are risking liability on many fronts. Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Drafting iron-clad email, IM, social network and blogging policies
- Keys to retrieving electronic evidence in investigations and incident-response
- What, if anything, is a reasonable expectation of privacy in the office?
- Key steps to avoid risks of viable employee lawsuits
The impact and repercussions of user-generated electronic content represents a new area of risk for the exposure of confidential, proprietary and personal information. This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with insightful guidance for information management policies.
- MySpace, LinkedIn & Blogs: Monitoring employee use of social networks
- When does an employee's personal blog become "work-related"?
- Legal implications of using technology to learn about employees and applicants
- Can an employee be fired for off-duty online behavior?
- Implementing Legally Compliant Privacy Policies
- Strategies to protect confidential and business information
- How to strive for legally defensible policy implementation
- Limits on monitoring and surveilling; email, voicemail internet activity and other conduct
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act and National Labor Relations Act issues
- Keys to Drafting Essential Internet-Use & Blogging Policies
- Techniques to effectively monitor employee behavior without crossing the line
- Drafting policies: what to include and what to avoid
- How to create a self-auditing and issue-spotting process
- Question and Answer Session - Hear Real-World Questions Answered!
Electronic information expert, Robert D. Brownstone, Esq. is the Law & Technology Director at Fenwick & West LLP (F&W), a 250-attorney Silicon-Valley-based law firm, specializing in providing comprehensive services to technology and life sciences clients of national and international prominence.
- Mr. Brownstone advises clients on electronic discovery, on electronic information management, on information-security and on retention/destruction policies and protocols.
- Robert also regularly collaborates with clients on computer support solutions enabling compliance with legal obligations.
- A nationwide speaker and writer on many law and technology issues, Mr. Brownstone is frequently quoted in the press as an expert on electronic information.
- Robert is a member of four state bars (including California and New York), of the National Employment Law Institute (NELI) Advisory Board and of the executive committee of the State Bar of California's Law Practice Management and Technology (LPMT) Section.
- Prior to joining Fenwick & West in 2000, Mr. Brownstone had a varied 13-year career as a litigator, law school administrator, law school teacher and consultant.
Continuing Legal Education CLE credit is available for an additional $65 per person in states where teleconferences are accredited
(States currently NOT included: KS, OH)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.