- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Wage & Hour State Laws & Federal FLSA: What You Need to Know Today Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state laws are on the rise. Millions of dollars are at risk for misclassification of employees and other time-keeping practices. Many employers are out of compliance with FLSA making it critical for counsel to advise employers on proper policies and practices. Join us for this 60-minute audio program where you will discover:
- New developments in State & Federal wage and hour law
- Strategies to correct time-keeping and pay practice errors
- Policies and procedures necessary to avoid liability
- The Most Common Classification "Gotcha's" - and How to Avoid Them
This practical, 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with the latest developments under federal and state wage and hour law to ensure compliant policies and to help defend against claims and mitigate damages.
- Recent Legal Developments in Wage & Hour Law
- Which positions are most often misclassified as exempt - what to do about it
- The latest FLSA issues with vacation use or lose policies
- Recent exempt vs. non-exempt decisions - What you need to know
- Compliant Wage and Hour Policies & Procedures - What You Need to Know
- How travel expenses should be handled under FLSA rules
- How recent developments impact your current policies and procedures
- What are the minimum wage and overtime calculations for tipped, commissioned, and piecemeal employees
- Avoiding FLSA Liabilities & Lawsuits
- What are the legal risks of voluntarily paying back wages to misclassified employees
- Making sense of the Salary Basis Test
- How to calculate the correct overtime pay rate
- Question and Answer Session - Hear your specific FLSA questions answered!
Michael Gray leads the labor & employment practice in Jones Day's Chicago
Office. His practice focuses on representing corporate clients with their
complex labor and employment litigation, including class action and
multi-plaintiff employment discrimination lawsuits, state law overtime
class actions, FLSA collective actions, and trade secrets and restrictive
covenant matters. He recently achieved some notable victories in large
wage-hour class actions in Kimoto v. McDonald's and Sepulveda v. Wal-Mart.
- Michael also spends considerable time working with clients on preventative measures, including reviewing employment policies, counseling on disciplinary actions and investigations, negotiating severance and release agreements for executive terminations, and conducting employment practices reviews.
- In 2008, Mr. Gray was named one of the leading employment lawyers in the U.S. by Chambers, London-based PLC Which Lawyer Cross-border Labour and Employee Benefits Handbook and The Legal 500, which called him a 'thoughtful and tenacious' litigator known for his 'passionate advocacy.'
- Michael also is a leader in the area of electronic discovery and the use of technology in complex litigation. He frequently speaks across the country to clients and members of the bar on the topic, writes on the practical implications of e-discovery obligations, and participates in the Firm's e-Discovery Committee.
- He is a member and frequent speaker for the American Bar Association (Labor and Employment and Technology Sections), the Illinois State Bar Association, and The Chicago Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section).
Continuing Legal Education CLE credit is available for an additional $65 per person in states where teleconferences are accredited
(States currently NOT included: KS, OH)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.